Skip to Main Content
Evaluation of general-use insecticides for preventing host colonization by New Jersey southern pine beetles.Author(s): Brian Strom; W.K. Oldland; J.R. Meeker; J. Dunn
Source: Arboriculture & Urban Forestry 41(2)
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionFour general-use insecticides (Astro, Onyx, Dominion Tree & Shrub, and Xytect 2F) were evaluated for their effectiveness at preventing attacks by the southern pine beetle (SPB) (Dendroctonus frontalis) and the small southern pine engraver (Ips avulsus) using a previously developed small-bolt method. Evaluations were conducted between 58 and 126 days post treatment. Southern pine beetles from New Jersey and Mississippi, U.S., were evaluated using a mixture of field and laboratory small-bolt trials; beetle origina did not appear to affect results.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStrom, B.L.; Oldland, W.K.; Meeker, J.R.; Dunn, J. 2015. Evaluation of general-use insecticides for preventing host colonization by New Jersey southern pine beetles. Arboriculture & Urban Forestry 41(2) 88-102 14 p.
KeywordsBifenthrin, dendroctonus frontalis, imidacloprid, insecticide, ips avulsus, Mississippi, New Jersey, permethrin, pinus, soil drench, southern pine beetle, southern pine engraver, systemic insecticide
- Semiochemical -Based Communication in interspecific interactions between IPS PINI and Pityogenes Knecteli (Swaine) (Coleoptera: Scolytidae) in Lodgepole Pine
- Lightning Strike Simula tion for Studying Southern Pine Bark and Engraver Beetle Attacks
- Southern Pine Bark Beetle Guild
XML: View XML