Skip to Main Content
Forests of Nebraska, 2014Author(s): Dacia M. Meneguzzo; Susan J. Crocker
Source: Resource Update FS-50. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (652.92 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resource attributes for Nebraska based on annual inventories conducted by the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program of the Northern Research Station (NRS), U.S. Forest Service. The estimates presented in this update are based on field data collected in 2010-2014 with comparisons made to data collected from 2005-2009. In the 2014 inventory, NRS-FIA is now measuring 1/7th (14.3 percent) of the plots annually and plans to continue this, completing a 7-year cycle in the 2020 inventory. The complete set of plots is being retained. All inventory estimates (both current and change) will continue being based on the most recent measurements taken on these plots. As the 7-year cycle is phased in, the difference between the report year and average date of the recent data will increase from 2 to 3 years. The difference between the report year and the average midpoint year for change will increase from 4.5 to 6.5 years. For the 2014 report, these differences are 2.3 and 4.8 years, respectively.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMeneguzzo, Dacia M.; Crocker, Susan J. 2015. Forests of Nebraska, 2014. Resource Update FS-50. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 5 p.
XML: View XML