Skip to Main Content
Delineation, peer review, and refinement of subregions of the conterminous United StatesAuthor(s): J.E. Keys; D.T. Cleland; W.H. McNab
Source: General Technical Publication WO-76A
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
PDF: Download Publication (99.14 KB)
DescriptionThis paper briefly describes the background of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service National Hierarchical Framework of Ecological Units and the methods used for delineating map units at the subregion planning and analysis scale. The process for scientific review and continuous refinement of ecological units and associated data of subregions is also presented.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKeys, J.E.; Cleland, D.T.; McNab, W.H. 2007. Delineation, peer review, and refinement of subregions of the conterminous United States. Gen. Tech. Report WO-76A. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 11 p.
- Description of ecological subregions: sections of the conterminous United States
- Ecological subregions of the interior Columbia basin, USA.
- Ecological subregion codes by county, coterminous United States
XML: View XML