Skip to Main Content
U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects, 2011-2015Author(s): James L. Howard; David B. McKeever
Source: USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, Research Note, FPL-RP-0336, 2015
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.09 MB)
DescriptionThis paper describes the current state of the United States economy and provides general and statistical information on forest products markets in terms of production, trade, consumption, and prices. Market developments are described for sawn softwood, sawn hardwood, softwood log trade, wood-based panels, paper and paperboard, fuelwood, forest product prices, and housing starts. Policy initiatives that can affect domestic markets and international trade in wood products are also discussed in some detail. Data are provided through the end of the year 2013 with estimates for 2014 and forecasts for 2015.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHoward, James L.; McKeever, David B. 2015. U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects, 2011-2015. USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, Research Note, FPL-RP-0336, 2015.
Keywordsproduction, trade, prices, forest products
- U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects 2010-2014
- U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2006-2010.
- U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2007-2011.
XML: View XML