Skip to Main Content
Tree Seed Technology Training CourseAuthor(s): F.T. Bonner; James A. Vozzo; W.W. Elam; S.B. Land
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-107. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 81 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (1.6 MB)
DescriptionThis manual is intended primarily to train seed collectors, seed-plant managers, seed analysts, and nursery managers, but it can serve as a resource for any training course in forest regeneration. It includes both temperate and tropical tree species of all intended uses. The manual covers the following topics: seed biology, seed collection, seed handling, seed-quality evaluation, seed protection, seed basics for nurseries, and seed programs. It also includes a course evaluation questionnaire and practical exercises. All parts of the course will not be suitable for all groups. The instructor can choose the pertinent material for presentation. The scope of material is wide enough to serve many purposes.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBonner, F.T.; Vozzo, James A.; Elam, W.W.; Land, S.B., Jr. 1994. Tree Seed Technology Training Course. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-107. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 81 p.
- Tree Seed Technology Training Course - Instructor's Manual
- A comprehensive approach to visual resource management for highway agencies
- Simplified Guidelines to Hardwood Lumber Grading
XML: View XML