Skip to Main Content
Flumes, historic water yield and climatological data for Tenderfoot Creek Experimental Forest, MontanaAuthor(s): Phillip E. Farnes; Ward W. McCaughey; Katherine J. Hansen
Source: Final Report RJVA-INT-96071. Bozeman, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 37 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.22 MB)
DescriptionThe objectives of this Research Joint Venture Agreement (RJVA) were to install and calibrate three flumes on Tenderfoot Creek Experimental Forest (TCEF) in central Montana; check calibration of the existing seven flumes on TCEF; estimate the influence of fire on water yields over the 400-year fire history period; and estimate back records of monthly temperature, monthly snow water equivalent, monthly precipitation for TCEF, and monthly streamflow for the lower Tenderfoot Creek flume (Tenderfoot Creek below Stringer Creek). Because of the potential for high streamflows in 1997, and the potential for low flows in 1998, we postponed this report so that 1997 and 1998 streamflow data could be included in the streamflow analysis. The information shown in this report completes the requirements for this RJVA. KEYWORDS: flumes, Tenderfoot Creek Experimental Forest, fire, water yields, streamflow data
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationFarnes, Phillip E.; McCaughey, Ward W.; Hansen, Katherine J. 1999. Flumes, historic water yield and climatological data for Tenderfoot Creek Experimental Forest, Montana. Final Report RJVA-INT-96071. Bozeman, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 37 p.
Keywordsflumes, Tenderfoot Creek Experimental Forest, fire, water yields, streamflow data
- Fish resources within the Tenderfoot Experimental Forest, Montana: 1991-95
- Calibration of streamflow gauging stations at the Tenderfoot Creek Experimental Forest
- Hydrologic calibration and validation of SWAT in a snow-dominated Rocky Mountain watershed, Montana, USA
XML: View XML