Skip to Main Content
Forests of Vermont, 2014Author(s): Randall S. Morin; R. Riemann
Source: Resource Update FS-54. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (485.0 KB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of forest resources in Vermont based on inventories conducted by the U.S. Forest Service Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station. For annual inventory years 2003-2013, the cycle length was equal to 5 years. Beginning in 2014, the cycle length was changed to 7 years. For the 2014 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 1074 plot samples collected from 2009-2014. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 964 samples collected in 2004-2009 and resampled in 2009-2014. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are shown for comparison. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005) and O'Connell et al. (2013) for definitions and technical details.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMorin, Randall S.; Riemann, R. 2015. Forests of Vermont, 2014. Resource Update FS-54. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML