Skip to Main Content
Big trees of the Midsouth Forest SurveyAuthor(s): Dennis M. May
Source: Res. Note SO-359. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (475 B)
DescriptionForestry agencies and associations across the country maintain registers of champion big trees.Listings of the biggest trees encountered on the USDA Forest Service's continuing survey of the forest lands of seven Midsouth States have been prepared.The listings report the biggest trees encountered by species for each State and the Midsouth region.These listings should supplement existing big tree registers.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMay, Dennis M. 1990. Big trees of the Midsouth Forest Survey. Res. Note SO-359. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 17 p.
KeywordsCircumference, height, species.
- Big trees in the southern forest inventory
- Insects and Diseases of Cottonwood
- Freshwater mussels of the Delta National Forest, Mississippi Final Report
XML: View XML