Expertise in Primary and Secondary Solid-Wood Processing Available from State, Federal, and University SourcesAuthor(s): Janice K. Wiedenbeck
Source: NE-INF-157-02. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: Information Forestry
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (160.51 KB)
DescriptionThe following list includes USDA Forest Service, state, and University personnel with expertise in primary and secondary solid-wood processing, particularly with respect to lumber sawing and cut-up operations, and issues related to product yield, mill productivity, and markets. Experts within these three groups are listed by region: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, South, Midwest, and West. The Forest Service considers all public inquiries to be high priority regardless of the home state of the customer making the inquiry.
State and university experts may be more restricted in their ability to assist out-of-state customers.
Many of the experts listed have published information about their programs as well as study results on the Internet. These publications usually can be accessed by entering their name and institution into your favorite search engine.
The listing includes six quick-find numerical codes that correspond to various areas of expertise: (1) primary processing, (2) secondary processing, (3) markets, sales, and supply, (4) machine and tooling, (5) drying, and (6) residues and recycling.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWiedenbeck, Janice K. 2002. Expertise in Primary and Secondary Solid-Wood Processing Available from State, Federal, and University Sources. US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station, NE-INF-157-02, 20 p.
- Regional trade market analysis: resort marketing approaches
- Forest products from Latin America : an almanac of the state of the knowledge and the state of the art
- The world wide web: an emerging technology for marketing special forest products (poster abstract)
XML: View XML