Skip to Main Content
Forests of East Texas, 2014Author(s): Thomas J. Brandeis
Source: Resource Update FS-60. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: Download Publication (766.61 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in east Texas derived from an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program at the Southern Research Station in cooperation with the Texas A&M Forest Service. These estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The 254 counties of Texas are consolidated into seven FIA survey units-Southeast (unit 1), Northeast (unit 2), North Central (unit 3), South (unit 4), West Central (unit 5), Northwest (unit 6), and West (unit 7). East Texas, the focus of this report, is made up of units 1 and 2 with a total of 43 counties, while central and west Texas consist of units 3 through 7 covering the remaining 211 counties (fig. 1).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrandeis, Thomas J. 2015. Forests of East Texas, 2014. Resource Update FS-60. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
- East Texas, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Texas, 2008 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Texas, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML