Skip to Main Content
Illustrated guide to the emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire and related species (Coleoptera, Buprestidae)Author(s): M. Lourdes Chamorro; Eduard Jendek; Robert A. Haack; Toby Petrice; Norman E. Woodley; Alexander S. Konstantinov; Mark G. Volkovitsh; Xing-Ke Yang; Vasily V. Grebennikov
Source: Sofia, Bulgaria: Pensoft Publishers. 197 p.
Publication Series: Book
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (24.88 MB)
Related Research Highlights
New Guide to High-risk Asian Relatives of Emerald Ash Borer
DescriptionThe 33 species of Agrilus (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) hypothesized to be most closely related or most similar to Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (the emerald ash borer), are described and illustrated. Morphology (adults and immatures), biology, distribution, detailed taxonomic history and systematics are presented for each species, along with a full literature review and bibliography. Large, high resolution photos displaying all diagnostic characters are presented as well as an illustrated dichotomous identification key to adult species of Agrilus treated in this work. A general review of Agrilus biology, ecology and buprestid collecting and curation methods is also provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChamorro, M. Lourdes; Jendek, Eduard; Haack, Robert A.; Petrice, Toby; Woodley, Norman E.; Konstantinov, Alexander S.; Volkovitsh, Mark G.; Yang, Xing-Ke; Grebennikov, Vasily V.; Lingaelter Steven W. 2015. Illustrated guide to the emerald ash borer, Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire and related species (Coleoptera, Buprestidae). Sofia, Bulgaria: Pensoft Publishers. 197 p.
KeywordsColeoptera, Buprestidae, Agrilus planipennis, emerald ash borer
- Emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- Invertebrates of The H.J. Andrews Experimental Forest, Western Cascade Mountains, Oregon: IV. The Oribatid Mites (Acari: Cryptostigmata).
- Laboratory rearing and handling of cerambycids
XML: View XML