Skip to Main Content
Planning for climate change on the National Wildlife Refuge SystemAuthor(s): B. Czech; S. Covington; T. M. Crimmins; J. A. Ericson; C. Flather; M. Gale; K. Gerst; M. Higgins; M. Kaib; E. Marino; T. Moran; J. Morton; N. Niemuth; H. Peckett; D. Savignano; L. Saperstein; S. Skorupa; E. Wagener; B. Wilen; B. Wolfe
Source: Washington, DC: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wildlife Refuge System. 132 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (79.03 MB)
DescriptionThis document originated in 2008 as a collaborative project of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and the University of Maryland's Graduate Program in Sustainable Development and Conservation Biology. The original title was A Primer on Climate Change for the National Wildlife Refuge System. The Primer has evolved into Planning for Climate Change on the National Wildlife Refuge System in response to DOl and FWS mandates. In particular, Planning for Climate Change is a Conserving the Future deliverable. The purpose of Planning for Climate Change is to help Refuge System planners and managers fulfill DOl and FWS mandates to incorporate climate change considerations into planning documents.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCzech, B.; Covington, S.; Crimmins, T. M.; Ericson, J. A.; Flather, C.; Gale, M.; Gerst, K.; Higgins, M.; Kaib, M.; Marino, E.; Moran, T.; Morton, J.; Niemuth, N.; Peckett, H.; Savignano, D.; Saperstein, L.; Skorupa, S.; Wagener, E.; Wilen, B.; Wolfe, B. 2014. Planning for climate change on the National Wildlife Refuge System. Washington, DC: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wildlife Refuge System. 132 p.
Keywordsclimate change, planning, assessment, ecological effects
- Climate change adaptation for the US national wildlife refuge system
- National Wildlife Refuges: Portals to conservation
- Planning for people? An evaluation of objectives for managing visitors at wildlife refuges in the United States
XML: View XML