Skip to Main Content
Forests of New Jersey, 2014Author(s): Susan J. Crocker
Source: Resource Update FS-61. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (800.0 KB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of forest resource attributes for New Jersey based on an annual inventory conducted by the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station (NRS) of the U.S. Forest Service. These estimates, along with web-posted core tables, are updated annually. In 2014, NRS-FIA changed from a 5- to a 7-year inventory cycle, wherein 1/7th or 14.3 percent of plots will be measured each year until completion. To ensure that all plots are transitioned to the new cycle length, estimates reported for 2014 include data collected from 2009 to 2014, with comparisons made to data reported in 2009 (and collected from 2005 to 2009).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrocker, Susan J. 2015. Forests of New Jersey, 2014. Resource Update FS-61. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML