Skip to Main Content
Northern Forest Futures reporting tools and database guideAuthor(s): Patrick D. Miles; Robert J. Huggett; W. Keith Moser
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-150. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 48 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (1.76 MB)
Related Research Highlights
Examining Potential Drought Conditions Under Projected Climate Change
DescriptionThe Northern Forest Futures database (NFFDB) supports the reporting of both current and projected future forest conditions for the 20 states that make up the U.S. North, an area bounded by Maine, Maryland, Missouri, and Minnesota. The NFFDB database and attendant reporting tools are available to the public as a Microsoft AccessTM database. The NFF_CurrentReports tool generates customized reports for a variety of forest statistics for the 2008 inventory year. The NFF_ProjectionReports program supports the reporting of projected forest statistics by decade through the year 2060 for any of 14 scenarios that reflect varying climatic and socioeconomic possibilities. A description is provided detailing how the NFFDB was constructed using projections from the Forest Dynamics Model (FDM) combined with data from the U.S. Forest Service's Forest Inventory and Analysis database (FIADB).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiles, Patrick D.; Huggett, Robert J., Jr.; Moser, W. Keith. 2015. Northern Forest Futures reporting tools and database guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-150. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 48 p.
Keywordsforest statistics, inventory, scenarios, biomass
- RPA tree-level database users guide
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program, 2016
- Statistics and quality assurance for the Northern Research Station Forest Inventory and Analysis Program
XML: View XML