Skip to Main Content
Biology of emerald ash borer parasitoidsAuthor(s): Leah S. Bauer; Jian J. Duan; Jonathan P. Lelito; Houping Liu; Juli R. Gould
Source: In: Van Driesche, R.G.; Reardon, R.C., eds. Biology and control of emerald ash borer. FHTET-2014-09. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 97-112. Chapter 6.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (985.47 KB)
DescriptionThe emerald ash borer (EAB) (Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae), an invasive beetle introduced from China (Bray et al., 2011), was identified as the cause of ash (Fraxinus spp.) mortality in southeast Michigan and nearby Ontario in 2002 (Haack et al., 2002; Federal Register, 2003; Cappaert et al., 2005). Although eradication was attempted for several years after the beetle's discovery, it continued to spread throughout North America, killing ash trees in urban, forested, and riparian areas. In an effort to conserve native species of Fraxinus, researchers continue to evaluate integrated pest management methods that include the use of classical biological control, systemic insecticides, and the development of resistant cultivars (Herms and McCullough, 2014).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBauer, Leah S.; Duan, Jian J.; Lelito, Jonathan P.; Liu, Houping; Gould, Juli R. 2015. Biology of emerald ash borer parasitoids. In: Van Driesche, R.G.; Reardon, R.C., eds. Biology and control of emerald ash borer. FHTET-2014-09. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 97-112. Chapter 6.
- Life table evaluation of change in emerald ash borer populations due to biological control
- Emerald ash borer adult dispersal
- Emerald ash borer biology and invasion history
XML: View XML