Skip to Main Content
Effect of Hexazinone on Groundwater Quality in the Coastal PlainAuthor(s): P.R. Bush; J. Michael; D.G. Neary
Source: In: Proceedings of IUFRO XIX World Congress; 1990 August 5-11; Montreal, Canada Montreal, Canada: Canadian International Union of Forestry Research Organizations: Vol. 2, 300-311
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (464 KB)
DescriptionHexazinone (3-Cyclohexyl-6-(dimethyl-amino-1-methyl-1,3,5-triazine-2,4(1H, 3H)-dione was applied as pelleted formulation Pronone 10G and the liquid Velpar L formulation to coastal plain study sites near Barnwell, South Carolina and Hughes Island Florida, respectively. These sandy sites were well drained and surface runoff was not observed at eitehr site. Pronone application resulted in a shift towards a grass dominated understory. Pronone 10G application to the Barnwell, SC site resulted in no detectable groundwater residues up to 2 years post-application. Velpar L applicaiton to the Hughes Islan site resulted in no persistent detectable residues in a down gradient stream or pond. One positive hexazinone residue pond sample was observed 15 days post-treatment after the first rain event. Significant hexazinone residues (10-35 pph) were found in test wells located within the treatment area 1 year post-application. Hexazinone residues were not detected in up gradient, down gradient or control well samples throughout the study period.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBush, P.R.; Michael, J.; Neary, D.G. 1990. Effect of Hexazinone on Groundwater Quality in the Coastal Plain. In: Proceedings of IUFRO XIX World Congress; 1990 August 5-11; Montreal, Canada Montreal, Canada: Canadian International Union of Forestry Research Organizations: Vol. 2, 300-311
- Hexazinone Dissipation in Forest Ecosystems and Impacts on Aquatic Communities
- Hexazinone dissipation in forest ecosystems and impacts on aquatic communities
- Effects of aerially applied glyphosate and hexazinone on hardwoods and pines in a loblolly pine plantation
XML: View XML