Skip to Main Content
Command Performance The USFS presents its annual Termiticide Report for 2014Author(s): Thomas Shelton; Donald Fye; Juliet Tang; Mark Mankowski
Source: Pest Management Professional March 2015; pp. 42-46.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (1.01 MB)
Related Research Highlights
USFS Termiticide Report for 2014
DescriptionFor a termiticide to reach the American market where it's available for purchase by pest management professionals (PMPs), it must be federally registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Chemical manufacturers wishing to register their products as a termiticide submit a registration package to the EPA containing fairly standard, nontarget toxicity and environmental fate studies, as well as efficacy data. The EPA uses all these factors to determine termiticide registration.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationShelton, Thomas; Fye, Donald; Tang, Juliet; Mankowski, Mark. 2015. Command Performance The USFS presents its annual Termiticide Report for 2014. Pest Management Professional March 2015; pp. 42-46.
KeywordsTermiticide testing, pesticide regulation, termite control, termiticide efficacy
- Few candidate termiticides are left in the pipeline, according to the 2011 USDA-FS termiticide report
- 2004 termiticide report: The Forest Service continues to improve operations to meet the high demand for testing
- Evaluation of nonpressure wood preservatives for military applications
XML: View XML