Skip to Main Content
Trees of Yap: a field guideAuthor(s): Marjorie V. Cushing Falanruw
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-249. Hilo, HI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 268 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
View PDF (11.76 MB)
DescriptionDescriptions, drawings, and photographs are presented for trees found on the Yap Islands in the Federated States of Micronesia. Included are all recorded native trees and most introduced trees as well as new records of native and introduced trees. Additional information is provided on tree distribution, status, vernacular names in Micronesia, and English names when available, along with comments on the species and their uses. An index includes scientific names and their synonyms, including taxonomic updates, families, and vernacular and other common names to assist users in locating tree descriptions.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationFalanruw, Marjorie V. Cushing. 2015. Trees of Yap: a field guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-249. Hilo, HI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 268 p.
KeywordsTrees, Yap Islands, Micronesia, field guide
- Upland forests of the American/Pacific Islands: research opportunities in Micronesia and American Samoa
- Common forest trees of Hawaii (native and introduced)
- Proceedings of the session on tropical forestry for people of the Pacific, XVII Pacific Science Congress; May 27-28, 1991
XML: View XML