Skip to Main Content
Manipulation of insect behavior with Specialized Pheromone & Lure Application Technology (SPLAT®)Author(s): Agenor Mafra-Neto; Frédérique M. de Lame; Christopher J. Fettig; A. Steven Munson; Thomas M. Perring; Lukasz L. Stelinski; Lyndsie Stoltman; Leandro E.J. Mafra; Rafael Borges; Roger I. Vargas
Source: Natural Products for Pest Management. Washington, DC: ACS Publications: 31–58. Chapter 4.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.64 MB)
DescriptionSPLAT® (Specialized Pheromone and Lure Application Technology) emulsion is a unique controlled-release technology that can be adapted to dispense and protect a wide variety of compounds from degradation, including semiochemicals, pesticides, and phagostimulants, in diverse environments. ISCA Technologies, Inc., in collaboration with colleagues in academia, government, and industry, has been developing SPLAT®-based insect control products for close to a decade. This chapter provides an overview of SPLAT® technology and existing commercial formulations and describes ongoing efforts to develop new SPLAT® mating disruption, attract-and-kill, and repellent products for pest control in agricultural and forest environments.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMafra-Neto, A.; de Lame, F.M.; Fettig, C.J.; Munson, A.S.; Perring, T.M.; Stelinski, L.L.; Stoltman, L.; Mafra, L.E.J.; Borges, R.; Vargas, R.I. 2013. Manipulation of insect behavior with Specialized Pheromone & Lure Application Technology (SPLAT®). In Beck, J.; Coats, J.; Duke, S; Koivunen, M., eds. Natural Products for Pest Management. Washington, DC: ACS Publications: 31–58. Chapter 4.
- Development of specialized pheromone and lure application technologies (SPLAT®) for management of coleopteran pests in agricultural and forest systems
- Use of repellents formulated in Specialized Pheromone and Lure Application Technology (SPLAT®) for effective insect pest management
- A novel semiochemical tool for protecting Pinus contorta from mortality attributed to Dendroctonus ponderosae (Coleoptera: Curculionidae)
XML: View XML