Skip to Main Content
Fire management assessment of Eastern Province, ZambiaAuthor(s): L. T. Hollingsworth; D. Johnson; G. Sikaundi; S. Siame
Source: Washington, D.C.: USDA Forest Service, International Programs. 88 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (5.29 MB)
DescriptionThe mission that produced this assessment was prompted by requests from Forestry Department personnel in Zambia to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for formal fire management training. USAID contacted the United States Forest Service's (USFS) International Programs (IP) with the training request. Together, USFS, USAID, and Zambian partners determined that this mission should contribute to understanding how, when, where, and why fire is used in Eastern Province of Zambia. The team would conduct an assessment and then produce this report, which describes the current status of fire management and fire use in Eastern Province, documents the role of fire in dominant vegetation types based on personal observations and available literature, and provides recommendations for formal fire management training and equipment needs.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHollingsworth, L. T.; Johnson, D.; Sikaundi, G.; Siame, S. 2015. Fire management assessment of Eastern Province, Zambia. Washington, D.C.: USDA Forest Service, International Programs. 88 p.
Keywordsfire management, Zambia, vegetation types
- Forest degradation sub-national assessments: Monitoring options for Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam
- Designing a mangrove research and demonstration forest in the Rufiji Delta, Tanzania
- Chapter 17: Forecasting wildfire suppression expenditures for the United States Forest Service
XML: View XML