Skip to Main Content
Improvements to the Understanding of the Fire Performance of Wood over the Past 30 Years-A Tribute to Robert Hawthorne WhiteAuthor(s): Samuel L. Zelinka; Mark A. Dietenberger; Laura E. Hasburgh; Keith J. Bourne; Charles Boardman
Source: Wood Design Focus. Volume 25, Number 3, 2015; pp. 3-7.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (121.79 KB)
DescriptionDr. Robert Hawthorne White had a 31 year career researching the fire performance of wood and wood composites at the USDA Forest Products Laboratory. Over his career, Dr. White made substantial contributions to codes, standards, and regulations pertaining to the design of wood structures. This review article summarizes Robert’s major accomplishments as a tribute to his career at the Forest Products Laboratory.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZelinka, Samuel L.; Dietenberger, Mark A.; Hasburgh, Laura E.; Bourne, Keith J.; Boardman, C.R. 2015. Improvements to the Understanding of the Fire Performance of Wood over the Past 30 Years-A Tribute to Robert Hawthorne White. Wood Design Focus. Volume 25, Number 3, 2015; pp. 3-7.
KeywordsWood, Char, Fire Resistive Coatings, Fire Resistance
- The life and work of Bruce Johnson at the Forest Products Laboratory and in the American Wood Protection Association
- The research contributions of Dr. Paul Van Deusen
- USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory: Acetylation of Wood 1945–1966
XML: View XML