Skip to Main Content
New records of some Ascomycete truffle fungi from TurkeyAuthor(s): Aziz TÜRKOÐLU; Michael Angelo CASTELLANO
Source: TURKISH JOURNAL OF BOTANY
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (7.09 MB)
DescriptionWe report the first records of 6 Ascomycete truffle taxa in Turkey: Genea verrucosa Vittad., Genea klotzschii Berk. & Broome, Stephensia bombycina (Vittad.) Tul. & C.Tul., Terfezia olbiensis Tul. & C.Tul., Tuber excavatum Vittad., and Tuber rufum Pico. We also report new localities within Turkey for Picoa juniperi Vittad., Terfezia leptoderma Tul. & C.Tul., Choiromyces meandriformis Vittad., Tuber brumale Vittad., Tuber nitidum Vittad., and Tuber mesentericum Vittad.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTÜRKOÐLU, Aziz; CASTELLANO, Michael Angelo. 2014. New records of some Ascomycete truffle fungi from Turkey. TURKISH JOURNAL OF BOTANY. 38: 406-416.
KeywordsTruffle, hypogeous fungi, Ascomycota, Pyronemataceae, Terfeziaceae, Tuberacea
- Land uses, fire, and invasion: Exotic annual Bromus and human dimensions [Chapter 11]
- Plant community resistance to invasion by Bromus species: The roles of community attributes, Bromus interactions with plant communities, and Bromus traits [Chapter 10]
- Introduction: Exotic annual Bromus in the western USA [Chapter 1]
XML: View XML