Skip to Main Content
California's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2012Author(s): Chelsea P. McIver; Joshua P. Meek; Micah G. Scudder; Colin B. Sorenson; Todd A. Morgan; Glenn A. Christensen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-908. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 49 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (9.52 MB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of California's 2012 timber harvest through the primary wood products industry and provides a description of the structure, condition, and economic impacts of California's forest products sector. Historical forest products industry changes are discussed, as well as trends in harvest, production, mill residue, and sales. Also examined are employment and worker earnings in the state's primary and secondary forest products industry.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcIver, Chelsea P.; Meek, Joshua P.; Scudder, Micah G.; Sorenson, Colin B.; Morgan, Todd A.; Christensen, Glenn A. 2015. California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2012. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-908. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 49 p.
KeywordsBioenergy, employment, forest economics, lumber production, mill residue, mill capacity, wood products, timber harvest, timber processors, wood utilization.
- California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2016
- California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006
- California's forest products industry: a descriptive analysis.
XML: View XML