Skip to Main Content
Stephanospora michoacanensis (Stephanosporaceae, Agaricales), a novel sequestrate truffle from North AmericaAuthor(s): Gonzalo Guevara-Guerrero; Ivone Baez-Alvarado; Victor M. Gomez-Reyes; Michael Castellano
Source: Revista Mexicana de Micología Volume. 41:2015; pp. 71-75.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (0 B)
DescriptionStephanospora michoacanensis is presented as a new species from North America. This angiocarpic species is recognized by its yellowcream peridial surface color, and broadly ellipsoid to subglobose, spiny or crested, inamyloid spores with a distinct, complete or nearly complete corona at its base. Stephanospora michoacanensis is similar to S. caroticolor, but S. caroticolor has a bright yellow to reddish yellow peridial surface, and larger spores. Stephanospora michoacanensis also resembles S. chilensis, but S. chilensis has a brownishochraceous to reddish orange peridial surface, spiny spores that lack crest-like features. Illustrations of macro-and microscopic features are presented.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGuevara-Guerrero, Gonzalo; Baez-Alvarado, Ivone; Gomez-Reyes, Victor M.; Castellano, Michael A. 2015. Stephanospora michoacanensis (Stephanosporaceae, Agaricales), a novel sequestrate truffle from North America. Revista Mexicana de Micología Volume. 41:2015; pp. 71-75.
Keywordstruffles, hypogeous, carrot-red truffles, sequestrate, lindtneria
- Kalapuya brunnea gen. & sp. nov. and its relationship to the other sequestrate genera in Morchellaceae
- Suillus quiescens, a new species commonly found in the spore bank in California and Oregon
- The phylogenetic placement of Picoa, with a first report on Picoa lefebvrei (Pat.) Maire (=Phaeangium lefebvrei) from Iran
XML: View XML