Skip to Main Content
YouGenMap: a web platform for dynamic multi-comparative mapping and visualization of genetic mapsAuthor(s): Keith Batesole; Kokulapalan Wimalanathan; Lin Liu; Fan Zhang; Craig S. Echt; Chun Liang
Source: Frontiers in Genetics
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
View PDF (1.03 MB)
DescriptionComparative genetic maps are used in examination of genome organization, detection of conserved gene order, and exploration of marker order variations. YouGenMap is an open-source web tool that offers dynamic comparative mapping capability of users' own genetic mapping between 2 or more map sets. Users' genetic map data and optional gene annotations are uploaded, either publically or privately, as long as they follow our template which is available in several standard file formats. Data is parsed and loaded into MySQL relational database to be displayed and compared against users' genetic maps or other public data available on YouGenMap. With the highly interactive GUIs, all public data on YouGenMap are maps available for visualization, comparison, search, filtration and download. YouGenMap web tool is available on the website (http://conifergdb.miamioh.edu/yougenmap) with the source-code repository at (http://sourceforge.net/projects/yougenmap/?source=directory).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBatesole, Keith; Wimalanathan, Kokulapalan; Liu, Lin; Zhang, Fan; Echt, Craig S.; Liang, Chun. 2014. YouGenMap: a web platform for dynamic multi-comparative mapping and visualization of genetic maps. Frontiers in Genetics, Vol. 5: e19315-. 3 P. doi: 10.3389/fgene.2014.00183
KeywordsYouGenMap, genetic map, genetic map viewer, genetic marker, graphic user interface
- A geospatial search engine for discovering multi-format geospatial data across the web
- Land cover change map comparisons using open source web mapping technologies
- Community standards for genomic resources, genetic conservation, and data integration
XML: View XML