Skip to Main Content
Establishing a range-wide provenance test in valley oak (Quercus lobata Née) at two California sitesAuthor(s): Annette Delfino-Mix; Jessica W. Wright; Paul F. Gugger; Christina Liang; Victoria L. Sork
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-251. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station: 413-424
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (567.0 KB)
DescriptionWe present the methods used to establish a provenance test in valley oak, Quercus lobata. Nearly 11,000 acorns were planted and 88 percent of those germinated. The resulting seedlings were measured after 1 and 2 years of growth, and were outplanted in the field in the winter of 2014-2015. This test represents a long-term resource for both research and conservation.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDelfino-Mix, Annette; Wright, Jessica W.; Gugger, Paul F.; Liang, Christina; Sork, Victoria L. 2015. Establishing a range-wide provenance test in valley oak (Quercus lobata Née) at two California sites. In: Standiford, Richard B.; Purcell, Kathryn L., tech. cords. Proceedings of the seventh California oak symposium: managing oak woodlands in a dynamic world. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-251. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station: 413-424.
KeywordsProvenance tests, Quercus lobata, valley oak
- Phenotypic variation in California populations of valley oak (Quercus lobata Née) sampled along elevational gradients
- Influence of winter-spring livestock grazing on survival and growth of Quercus lobata and Q. agrifolia seedlings
- Historical Mortality of Valley Oak (Quercus lobata, Nee) in the Santa Ynez Valley, Santa Barbara County, 1938-1989
XML: View XML