Skip to Main Content
The Granite State's Forests: Trends in the ResourceAuthor(s): Northeastern Research Station
Source: United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station, NE-INF-141-02, 9 p.
Publication Series: Information Forestry
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (194.38 KB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service conducts continuing forest inventories of all states to obtain up-to-date information about the forest resources of the Nation. In 1997, the Forest Service in cooperation with the New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands completed a new inventory of New Hampshire. Previous inventories were conducted in 1948, 1960, 1973, and 1983. Following data collection for the 1997 inventory, a devastating ice storm struck New England. To account for losses to this storm, field plots were revisited and new measurements taken in areas that incurred heavy damage. The many significant changes in New Hampshire?s forests during the last inventory period are highlighted here.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNortheastern Research Station 2002. The Granite State''s Forests: Trends in the Resource. United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station, NE-INF-141-02, 9 p.
- New Hampshire's forest resources, 2009
- New Hampshire's forest resources, 2010
- New Hampshire's forest resources, 2011
XML: View XML