Skip to Main Content
The research contributions of Dr. Paul Van DeusenAuthor(s): Thomas B. Lynch; Francis A. Roesch; John Paul McTague; Jeffrey H. Gove; Gregory A. Reams; Aaron R. Weiskittel
Source: In: Stanton, Sharon M.; Christensen, Glenn A., comps. 2015. Pushing boundaries: new directions in inventory techniques and applications: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2015. 2015 December 8–10; Portland, Oregon. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-931. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 384 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (263.0 KB)
DescriptionDr. Paul Van Deusen’s recent passing concluded a rich 30+-year research career dedicated to development and implementation of quantitative methods for forestry and natural resources. Since the early part of his career as a biometrician with the USDA Forest Service Southern Research Station in the 1980s-1990s and continuing with his later employment at NCASI, Dr. Van Deusen has made many research contributions that have been directly or indirectly important for the implementation of FIA data collection methods and for the analysis and interpretation of FIA data. We have attempted to summarize highlights of Dr. Van Deusen’s contributions to FIA and to forestry, as well as natural resources in general.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLynch, Thomas B.; Roesch, Francis A.; McTague, John Paul; Gove, Jeffrey H.; Reams, Gregory A.; Weiskittel, Aaron R. 2015. The research contributions of Dr. Paul Van Deusen. In: Stanton, Sharon M.; Christensen, Glenn A., comps. 2015. Pushing boundaries: new directions in inventory techniques and applications: Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) symposium 2015. 2015 December 8–10; Portland, Oregon. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-931. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station: 10-11.
- Improvements to the Understanding of the Fire Performance of Wood over the Past 30 Years-A Tribute to Robert Hawthorne White
- The evolution of Wisconsin's urban FIA program—yesterday today and tomorrow
- The FIA Panel Design and Compatible Estimators for the Components of Change
XML: View XML