Skip to Main Content
Some New Possibilities to Control KudzuAuthor(s): Jerry L. Michael
Source: In: Proceedings, 35th Annual Meeting Southern Weed Science Society; 1982 January 19-21; Atlanta, GA. [Champaign, IL]: Southern Weed Science Society. 237-240.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (56 KB)
DescriptionSix chemicals were tested at random with 3 replications at 3 rates for foliar activity on kudzu [Pueraria lobata (Willd.) Ohwi]. All chemicals gave some degree of control. DPX-6376, XRM-3972 (Lontrel), and Oust(TM) Weed Killer (formerly known as DPX-5648) gave more than 99% topkill for 3 l/2 months. Preliminary results of greenhouse tests on 1-year-old loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) seedlings indicate Lontrel, Oust, and DPX-6376 are safe for foliar application at rates effective on kudzu.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMichael, Jerry L. 1982. Some New Possibilities to Control Kudzu. In: Proceedings, 35th Annual Meeting Southern Weed Science Society; 1982 January 19-21; Atlanta, GA. [Champaign, IL]: Southern Weed Science Society. 237-240.
- Kudzu -- Goat Interactions
- Kudzu in Alabama History, Uses, and Control
- The biology and preliminary host range of Megacopta cribraria (Heteroptera: Plataspidae) and its impact on kudzu growth
XML: View XML