Skip to Main Content
Forests of North Dakota, 2015Author(s): David E. Haugen
Source: Resource Update FS-70. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: Download Publication (324.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in North Dakota based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the North Dakota Forest Service. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. Information about the national and regional FIA program is available online at http://fia.fs.fed.us. For the 2015 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 7,594 plot samples collected from 2010-2015. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 7,587 samples collected in 2005-2010 and 2010-2015. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are shown for comparison.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, D.E. 2016. Forests of North Dakota, 2015. Resource Update FS-70. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML