Skip to Main Content
Federal outdoor recreation trends: Effects on economic opportunitiesAuthor(s): Eric M. White; Michael Bowker; Ashley E. Askew; Linda L. Langner; J. Ross Arnold; Don English
Source: Report prepared for the National Center for Natural Resources Economic Research (NCNRER). NCNRER Working Paper Number 1
Publication Series: Other
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (652.0 KB)
DescriptionOutdoor recreation plays a significant role in American lives. It provides physical challenges and well-being, helps develop lifelong skills, provokes interest and inquiry, inspires wonder and awe of the natural world, and often provides an alternative to daily routines. Recreation contributes greatly to the physical, mental, and spiritual health of individuals, bonds family and friends, and instills pride in natural and cultural heritage. Federal lands contribute significantly, and in many cases uniquely, to the provision of nature-based outdoor recreation opportunities.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationWhite, Eric M.; Bowker, J.M.; Askew, Ashley E.; Langner, Linda L.; Arnold, J. Ross; English, Donald B.K. 2015. Federal outdoor recreation trends: Effects on economic opportunities. Report prepared for the National Center for Natural Resources Economic Research (NCNRER). NCNRER Working Paper Number 1. http://www.fs.fed.us/research/docs/outdoor-recreation/ficor_2014_rec_trends_economic_opportunities.pdf 37 p.
- Outdoor recreation in shifting societal and natural landscapes
- A national assessment of physical activity on US national forests
- Federal outdoor recreation trends: effects on economic opportunities
XML: View XML