Skip to Main Content
California's forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2001–2010Author(s): Glenn A. Christensen; Karen L. Waddell; Sharon M. Stanton; Olaf Kuegler
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-913. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 293 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (12.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from the most recent (2001–2010) data collected by the Forest Inventory and Analysis program across all forest land in California, updating previously published findings from data collected from 2001 through 2005 (Christensen et al. 2008). We summarize and interpret basic resource information such as forest area, ownership, volume, biomass, and carbon stocks; forest structure and function topics such as biodiversity, forest age, and dead wood; disturbance information such as tree damage, fire, and invasive plants; and tree growth, mortality, and removals for timber products. Consistent sampling across different ownerships and forest management regimes now allow comparisons. The appendices provide details on inventory methods and design and include summary tables of data, with statistical error, for the suite of forest characteristics inventoried.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChristensen, Glenn A.; Waddell, Karen L.; Stanton, Sharon M.; Kuegler, Olaf, tech.eds. 2016. California's forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2001–2010. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-913. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 293 p.
KeywordsBiomass, carbon, dead wood, fire, forest land, insects, invasive plants, inventory, timber volume, timberland, California.
- Oregon's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report.
- California's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis Report.
- Washington’s forest resources, 2002–2006: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report
XML: View XML