Skip to Main Content
New records of parasitoids of Aculeate Hymenoptera in Puerto RicoAuthor(s): J.A. Torres; R.R. Snelling; M. Canals
Source: Journal of Agriculture of the University of Puerto Rico. 84(1-2):99-100.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: International Institute of Tropical Forestry
PDF: Download Publication (134.0 KB)
DescriptionThere are few reports of parasitoids of Aculeate Hymenoptera for Puerto Rico (Wolcott, 1948). Parasitoids are potentially significant control agents of other insect species, and iti important to know their distribution and hosts . The parasitic species reported here have not previously been recorded from Puerto Rico. These parasitoids were collected or reared during the course of our studies of the Aculeate Hymenoptera of Puerto Rico
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTorres, J.A.; Snelling, R.R.; Canals, M. 2000. New records of parasitoids of Aculeate Hymenoptera in Puerto Rico. Journal of Agriculture of the University of Puerto Rico. 84(1-2):99-100.
KeywordsStrepsiptera, Hymenoptera, insect control, Puerto Rico
- Lepidoptera outbreaks in response to successional changes after the passage of Hurricane Hugo in Puerto Rico Rico
- Progress in the classical biological control of Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America
- The Puerto Rico Gap Analysis Project Volume 1: land cover, vertebrate species distributions, and land stewardship
XML: View XML