Skip to Main Content
Forests of Illinois, 2015Author(s): Susan Crocker; Brett Butler
Source: Resource Update FS-85. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (546.0 KB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of forest resources in Illinois based on an annual inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. Information about the FIA program is available at http://fia.fs.fed.us. For the 2015 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 5,996 plot samples collected from 2010-2015. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 5,922 plots collected in 2005-2010 and remeasured in 2010-2015. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005) and O'Connell et al. (2014) for definitions and technical details.
This resource update is also available as an interactive Forest Inventory Factsheet.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrocker, S.J.; Butler, B.J. 2016 Forests of Illinois, 2015. Resource Update FS-85. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML