Skip to Main Content
Catalog of the adelgids of the world (Hemiptera, Adelgidae)Author(s): Colin Favret; Nathan P. Havill; Gary L. Miller; Masakazu Sano; Benjamin Victor
Source: ZooKeys. 534(2): 35-54.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (195.0 KB)
DescriptionA taxonomic and nomenclatural Catalogue of the adelgids (Hemiptera: Adelgidae) is presented. Six family-group names are listed, five being synonyms of Adelgidae. Twenty-two genus-group names, of which nine are subjectively valid and in use, are presented with their type species, etymology, and grammatical gender. One hundred and six species-group names are listed, of which 70 are considered subjectively valid.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFavret, Colin; Havill, Nathan P.; Miller, Gary L.; Sano, Masakazu; Victor, Benjamin. 2015. Catalog of the adelgids of the world (Hemiptera, Adelgidae). ZooKeys. 534(2): 35-54.
KeywordsAphidomorpha, nomenclature, Sternorrhyncha, taxonomy, woolly adelgid
- Pacific Northwest ecoclass codes for seral and potential natural communities.
- Bachman’s warbler, a species in peril
- Additional data on collecting and propagating the seeds of California wild plants
XML: View XML