Skip to Main Content
Louisiana's sixth forest surveyAuthor(s): James F. Rosson
Source: Capturing opportunities of the south's forests:Proceedings for the 9th annual ARK-LA-TEX forestry forum;1992 December 1; Bossier City, LA. Louisiana State University Agricultural Center-Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service :21-24.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (222 KB)
DescriptionThe sixth Louisiana forest survey was completed in November 1991.Previous surveys were done in 1935, 1954, 1964, 1974, and 1984. Information derived from the forest survey has become more and more detailed and comprehensive since the first survey in 1935 as a direct result of enhanced sampling techniques, expanded administrative budgets, and development of computer technology. Therefore, acknowledging the potential wealth of information but being mindful of the need for a reasonable time frame, this presentation will cover only arbitrarily chosen highlights of the sixth Louisiana forest survey. Important topics to be covered are changes in timberland area, softwood and hardwood volume, growth, mortality, removals, and precommercial-sized softwoods.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRosson, James F., Jr. 1993. Louisiana''s sixth forest survey. Capturing opportunities of the south''s forests:Proceedings for the 9th annual ARK-LA-TEX forestry forum;1992 December 1; Bossier City, LA. Louisiana State University Agricultural Center-Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service :21-24.
- Forest statistics for Central Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest statistics for South Mississippi counties - 1987
- Forest resources of Louisiana, 1991
XML: View XML