A special issue of the Journal of Forestry - Wilderness science and its role in wilderness stewardshipAuthor(s): Susan F. Fox
Source: Journal of Forestry. 114(3): 287.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (33.0 KB)
Related Research Highlights
Wilderness science and its role in wilderness stewardship
This special issue of the Journal of Forestry provides an overview of America’s National Wilderness Preservation System and highlights the important role that science serves in informing wilderness stewardship. The lead authors of the articles in this volume selected the Journal because it is highly respected and widely circulated among foresters and federal land managers in the various natural resource agencies that manage wilderness across the nation. But many in America value wilderness, and we know this issue will be appreciated by all who hold these lands dear. We applaud the generosity of the editors of the Journal in agreeing to focus an entire issue on wilderness since the Journal usually focuses on more traditional forestry issues.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Fox, Susan F. 2016. A special issue of the Journal of Forestry - Wilderness science and its role in wilderness stewardship. Journal of Forestry. 114(3): 287.
Keywordswilderness, wilderness science, wilderness stewardship, National Wilderness Preservation System
- Denali National Park and Preserve: A different kind of wilderness
- Wilderness science: A historical perspective
- Wilderness uses, users, values, and management
XML: View XML