Skip to Main Content
Lyndon Baines Johnson signs the Wilderness Act into lawAuthor(s): Susan A. Fox
Source: Journal of Forestry. 114(3): 288.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (102.0 KB)
DescriptionPresident Lyndon Baines Johnson signed the Wilderness Act into law on Sept. 3, 1964. In this photo, LBJ hands the pen he used to Alice Zahniser while naturalist, author, adventurer, and conservationist Mardy Murie (standing behind her) looks on.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
Fox, Susan A. 2016. Lyndon Baines Johnson signs the Wilderness Act into law. Journal of Forestry. 114(3): 288.
Keywordswilderness, Wilderness Act
- Keeping it wild: an interagency strategy to monitor trends in wilderness character across the National Wilderness Preservation System
- Applying the concept of wilderness character to national forest planning, monitoring, and management
- Results From the 2014 National Wilderness Manager Survey
XML: View XML