Skip to Main Content
Fate of Picloram and Hexazione in a Cutover Northern Forest After Treatment with Herbicides for Site PreparationAuthor(s): Daniel G. Neary; Jerry L. Michael; Gary W. Lenz; Glenn D. Mroz; Martin F. Jurgensen
Source: Bul. Ecol. Soc. Amer. 65(2): 191. Abstract.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (20 KB)
DescriptionTwo cutover northern hardwood stands in Baraga County, Michigan, were aerially sprayed with the herbicides hexazinone. picloram, and 2,4-D to eliminate hardwood stump sprouts prior to conversion to red pine (Pinus resinosa L.). Movement of two of these highly soluble herbicides (hexazinone and picloram) in an entic haplorthod sol1 was measured using tension lysimeters and streamflow sampling. Soil solution collected from a depth of 1 m prior to herbicide application dii not contain any residues. Two weeks after application residue concentrations were 77.9 and 26 µg/L for hexazmone and picioram, raspectively. Picloram residues in soil soMon declined in concentration and, three months after application, were not detectable. Hexazinone concentratiins peaked one month after application (101.9 µg/L) and then declined below detection limits by three months. Only trace levels (0.5 µg/L) of hexazinone and p4clofam were detected in an adjacent stream thrae days after herbicide application.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNeary, Daniel G.; Michael, Jerry L.; Lenz, Gary W.; Mroz, Glenn D.; Jurgensen, Martin F. 1984. Fate of Picloram and Hexazione in a Cutover Northern Forest After Treatment with Herbicides for Site Preparation. Bul. Ecol. Soc. Amer. 65(2): 191. Abstract.
- Fate of Hexazinone and Picloram After Herbicide Site Preparation in a Cutover Northern Hardwood Forest
- Off-Site Movement of Picloram From A Coastal Plain Kudzu Site
- Controlling Hazel, Aspen Suckers, and Mountain Maple with Picloram
XML: View XML