Skip to Main Content
Herbicides in Florida's Flatwoods-Efficacy and OpportunityAuthor(s): D.G. Neary; J.L. Michael
Source: In: Herbicides for Southern Forestry, compiled and edited by Plywell, Nancy A.; Neary, Daniel; Law, Beverly from Proceedings of the 17th Annual Spring Symposium: 1985 April 23-24; Gainesville, Fl: School of Forest Resources and Conservation and Florida Society of American Foresters. 194-201.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (424 KB)
DescriptionHerb in the usage in the intensively-managed forests of north Florida have moved from a testing phase to full-scale operational use over the past 4 years. Much information still needs to be developed on the combinations of herbicides and rates needed to control weeds during site preparation. and release operations. Use of herbicides in Florida's forests will require professional skill to achieve potential productivity Increases in a cost-effective manner. This paper discusses the rationale behind use of herbicides in forestry and introduces the topics of efficacy and productivity benefits.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNeary, D.G.; Michael, J.L. 1985. Herbicides in Florida''s Flatwoods-Efficacy and Opportunity. In: Herbicides for Southern Forestry, compiled and edited by Plywell, Nancy A.; Neary, Daniel; Law, Beverly from Proceedings of the 17th Annual Spring Symposium: 1985 April 23-24; Gainesville, Fl: School of Forest Resources and Conservation and Florida Society of American Foresters. 194-201.
- Movement of Herbicide and Nutrients From Flatwoods Sites Into Wetlands, and Their Impacts on Wetlands Biota
- Effect of Ditching, Fertilization, and Herbicide Application on Groundwater Levels and Groundwater Quality in a Flatwood Spodosol
- Changes in Florida's industrial roundwood products output, 1987-1989
XML: View XML