Skip to Main Content
Forests of Indiana, 2015Author(s): Dale D. Gormanson
Source: Resource Update FS-88. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (425.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Indiana based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized strategic sample design and are updated yearly. The estimates are for the measurement years 2010-2015 with comparisons to estimates reported in 2010. The current 2010-2015 sample set consists of 6,272 plots with 1,592 plots forested or partially forested. About 14.3 percent of the plots were measured each year with observations collected over 6 years. Data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA database in April 2016. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005) and O'Connell et al. (2014) for definitions and technical details. FIA estimates, tabular data, and maps may be generated at: http://www.fia.fs.fed.us/tools-data/.
A correction to the Overview, on page 1, was made on May 22, 2017.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGormanson, Dale D. 2016. Forests of Indiana, 2015. Resource Update FS-88. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML