Skip to Main Content
Effects of fertilization on growth and foliar nutrients of red alder seedlings.Author(s): M.A. Radwan
Source: Res. Pap. PNW-RP-375. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 14 p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (745 KB)
DescriptionEffects of P, K, Ca, Mg, S, Co, and Mo fertilizers on growth and foliar nutrients of red alder seedlings potted in Grove, Bunker, and Wishkah forest soils were determined. Growth in Grove soil was stimulated most by P, Ca, and P + Ca + Mg + K + S. Growth in Bunker soil was improved only by P. In Wishkah soil, best growth was obtained when P was used alone; all fertilizer mixtures produced less growth. Results indicated the potential of fertilizer to increase alder production and suggested caution in using fertilizer mixtures because they may materially reduce growth response.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRadwan, M.A. 1987. Effects of fertilization on growth and foliar nutrients of red alder seedlings. Res. Pap. PNW-RP-375. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 14 p
KeywordsFertilizer effects, growth response, nutrients, red alder, seedling growth
- A method of site quality evaluation for red alder.
- Influence of red alder on chemical properties of a clay loam soil in western Washington.
- Germination of red alder seed.
XML: View XML