Skip to Main Content
Forests of Virginia, 2014Author(s): Anita Rose
Source: Resource Update FS–94. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Virginia. Information for this factsheet was updated by means of the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) annualized sample design. Each year, 20 percent of the sample plots (one panel) in Virginia are measured by field crews, the data compiled, and new estimates produced. After 5 years of measurements, the full sample complement (a cycle) is complete and a new survey cycle begins. The most reliable trend information (especially that concerning magnitude of change) comes from comparing two full cycles of data.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRose, A.K. 2016. Forests of Virginia, 2014. Resource Update FS–94. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-94.
- Virginia, 2009 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Virginia, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Virginia, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML