Skip to Main Content
Pituophis ruthveni (Louisiana pinesnake) Reproduction/breeding phenologyAuthor(s): Josh B. Pierce; Craig Rudolph; Christopher A. Melder; Beau B. Gregory
Source: Herpetological Review. 47(2): 315
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (61.0 KB)
Related Research Highlights
Defining the Louisiana Pine Snake Breeding Season
DescriptionDeterming the reproductive phenology of snakes is important since it marks a time period where snakes are particularly vulnerable to predation. In addition, knowledge of reproductive phenology may help captive breeding programs specify appropriate times to pair snakes for reproduction.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPierce, Josh B.; Rudolph, D. Craig; Melder, Christopher A.; Gregory, Beau B. 2016. Pituophis ruthveni (Louisiana pinesnake) Reproduction/breeding phenology. Herpetological Review. 47(2): 315.
KeywordsLouisiana pine snake, reproductive phenology, captive breeding program
- Modeling Louisiana pine snake (Pituophis ruthveni) habitat use in relation to soils
- The Louisiana pinesnake (Pituophis ruthveni): at risk of extinction?
- Pituophis ruthveni
XML: View XML