Wilderness stewardship in America today and what we can do to improve itAuthor(s): Ken Cordell; Chris Barns; David Brownlie; Tom Carlson; Chad Dawson; William Koch; Garry Oye; Chris Ryan
Source: Journal of Forestry. 114(3): 292-297.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (88.0 KB)
DescriptionThe authors of this article are recently retired wilderness professionals from universities or federal agencies. We were asked to share our observations about how wilderness stewardship is being managed in America today. We based our observations on our many years of combined professional wilderness career experience as managers, trainers, scientists, educators, and other careers. Combined, the authors have worked 308 years generally in natural resources and 236 years in wilderness specifically. All of us have had challenging management or research duties related to wilderness stewardship.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Cordell, Ken; Barns, Chris; Brownlie, David; Carlson, Tom; Dawson, Chad; Koch, William; Oye, Garry; Ryan, Chris. 2016. Wilderness stewardship in America today and what we can do to improve it. Journal of Forestry. 114(3): 292-297. 6 p. http://dx.doi.org/10.5849/jof.15-067
Keywordswilderness, wilderness stewardship, National Wilderness Preservation System
- A special issue of the Journal of Forestry - Wilderness science and its role in wilderness stewardship
- Science and stewardship to protect and sustain wilderness values: Eighth World Wilderness Congress symposium
- The global wilderness seminar for government agencies: a meeting at the crossroads of wildlands stewardship
XML: View XML