Using the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2016 with BPMPD)Author(s): Joseph Buongiorno; Shushuai Zhu
Source: Staff Paper Series #85. Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (677.0 KB)
The GFPM is an economic model of global production, consumption and trade of forest products. The original formulation and several applications are described in Buongiorno et al. (2003). However, subsequent versions, including the GFPM 2016 reflect significant changes and extensions. The GFPM 2016 software uses the BPMPD optimizer (Mészáros 1999). The GFPM 2016 is packaged with a file, named World.xlsx, that has data and parameters to produce forecasts of forest resources and markets for 180 countries, and 14 forest product (commodity) categories, from 2012 to 2065. The GFPM 2016 can be run directly with this World.xlsx file. Alternatively, Buongiorno and Zhu (2015b) describe how to update, calibrate, and validate the model with different data.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBuongiorno, Joseph; Zhu, Shushuai . 2016. Using the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2016 with BPMPD). Staff Paper Series #85. Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 36 p.
- Calibrating and updating the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2016 with BPMPD)
- Global Forest Products Model software design and implementation (GFPM version 2014 with BPMP)
- Using the Global Forest Products Model (GFPM version 2012)
XML: View XML