Skip to Main Content
Confessions of a fungal systematistAuthor(s): D. Jean Lodge
Source: In: Willig, M.R.; Walker, L.R., eds. Long-term ecological research changing the nature of scientists. New York, NY: Oxford University Press: 243-249. ISBN: 978-0199380213.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (285.0 KB)
Description1. The Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) program has not influenced my basic approach to science. 2. The LTER program has reinforced my approach to mentoring, and it has increased my opportunities to mentor students through the LTER-associated Research Experiences for Undergraduates Program. 3. LTER program has greatly enriched my collaborative network and expanded my research in directions that I would not have otherwise pursued; similarly, I have expanded the research and perspectives of my collaborators. 4. My involvement in the LTER program has changed my perspective in reviewing grant proposals and manuscripts.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLodge, D. Jean. 2016. Confessions of a fungal systematist. In: Willig, M.R.; Walker, L.R., eds. Long-term ecological research changing the nature of scientists. New York, NY: Oxford University Press: 243-249. ISBN: 978-0199380213.
- Events Leading to One Person's Career in Forest Entomology
- The 21st Century silviculturist
- Graduate students navigating social-ecological research: insights from the Long-Term Ecological Research Network
XML: View XML