ECO-Report - Halfway homeAuthor(s): Jane Kapler Smith; Janet Sullivan; Clinton E. Carlson; L. Jack Lyon; J. Tewksbury; S. Hejl; T. Martin; Stephen F. Arno; Ward McCaughey; Cathy Stewart; Colin Hardy; J. Greg Jones; Madelyn Kempf; Leslie Weldon
Source: Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project. 12 p.
Publication Series: Science Bulletins and Newsletters
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (8.0 MB)
ECO-Report is an annual Rocky Mountain Research Station (RMRS) publication which contains a set of articles showcasing the Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project (BEMRP) research projects and activities. The articles are concise, user-friendly, and designed to inform a broad range of audiences interested in ecosystem management. Articles featured in this issue: Halfway Home; Visit Ecosystem Management Demonstration Sites!; Integration: The Ultimate Challenge for Ecosystem-Based Planning; January Workshop Records Milestones; "The Hard Work" of Integration; Wildlife Research - at full "Roar"; The Search for Elusive forest Carnivores; Cowbirds Hogging Nest Time; Small Mammals Point Up Importance of Coarse Woody Debris; Display Ready to Travel; Four-legged and Four-wheeled Lumberjacks; Vegetation Research Growing Strong; Restoring Forests for Large Ponderosa Pine; Restoring the Subalpine Mosaic; Monitoring at Lick Creek; Questions and Answers from January Workshop; Simpplle Predictions and Magis Models; Describing the forest: Stand Structure Classes; The "Spotlight" … highlighting researchers at work: Clint Carlson; At The Rodeo?; Tree Tales; Environmental Assessment Being Completed; Yeas and Nays.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Smith, Jane Kapler; Sullivan, Janet; Carlson, Clinton E.; Lyon, L. Jack; Tewksbury, J.; Hejl, S.; Martin, T.; Arno, Stephen F.; McCaughey, Ward; Stewart, Cathy; Hardy, Colin; Jones, J. Greg; Kempf, Madelyn; Weldon, Leslie. 1996. ECO-Report - Halfway home. Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project. 12 p.
KeywordsBitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project, BEMRP, Forest Service Research, ecosystem management
- ECO-Report - The case for research: How it makes a difference to managers
- ECO-Report - Research-management-public partnership continues
- ECO-Report - Collaboration at the heart of the job
XML: View XML