ECO-Report - Research-management-public partnership continuesAuthor(s): Jane Kapler Smith; Greg Jones; Nan Christianson; Lucia Solorzano; Gloria Weisgerber; Steve Arno; Sallie J. Hejl; F. Jeremy Wheeler; Timothy S. Redman; Joshua J. Tewksbury; Tom DeLuca; K. Zouhar
Source: Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project. 12 p.
Publication Series: Science Bulletins and Newsletters
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (8.0 MB)
ECO-Report is an annual Rocky Mountain Research Station (RMRS) publication which contains a set of articles showcasing the Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project (BEMRP) research projects and activities. The articles are concise, user-friendly, and designed to inform a broad range of audiences interested in ecosystem management. Articles featured in this issue: Research-Management-Public Partnership Continues; Symposium to Wrap Up five Years' Work; Field Trips 1998; A Century of Change in One Evening; Treatments for Restoring Ponderosa Pine; Planning for Collaboration; Consensus Building and Use of Technical Information; Fire Works in Classrooms; Streamside Area Burned; Late-breaking News from Fauna Studies; Making Tracks ... Where are the American Martens? These biologists aim to find out; Streamside Habitat: Island and Refuge; Habitat for Small Ones; The "Spotlight" .. blighting researchers at work: Tom DeLuca; Field Trip Last September Returned to Lick Creek; Soil Responses to Selecting Harvest and Burning; Book Corner: Bird Info: The Birds of North America; Looks Easy on a Map; Objectives for Five Years to Come; Bitterroot Valley and Lapland: Ecological Cousins?; Bitterroot Project Visits forestry Convention.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Smith, Jane Kapler; Jones, Greg; Christianson, Nan; Solorzano, Lucia; Weisgerber, Gloria; Arno, Steve; Hejl, Sallie J.; Wheeler, F. Jeremy; Redman, Timothy S.; Tewksbury, Joshua J.; DeLuca, Tom; Zouhar, K. 1998. ECO-Report - Research-management-public partnership continues. Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project. 12 p.
KeywordsBitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project, BEMRP, Forest Service Research, ecosystem management
- ECO-Report - The case for research: How it makes a difference to managers
- ECO-Report - Fire recovery in the Bitterroot: "It’s a lot of work!"
- Limits of acceptable change planning in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness: 1985 to 1997 (FIDL)
XML: View XML