ECO-Report - Scale matters - some thoughts on landscape sustainabilityAuthor(s): Sharon Ritter; Janie Canton-Thompson; Greg Jones; Ward McCaughey; Dave Calkin; Mick Harrington; Peter Kolb; LaWen Hollingsworth; Joe Jensen; Katie Knotek; Brooke Thompson
Source: Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project. 20 p.
Publication Series: Science Bulletins and Newsletters
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.0 MB)
ECO-Report is an annual Rocky Mountain Research Station (RMRS) publication which contains a set of articles showcasing the Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project (BEMRP) research projects and activities. The articles are concise, user-friendly, and designed to inform a broad range of audiences interested in ecosystem management. Articles featured in this issue: Scale Matters - Some Thoughts on Landscape Sustainability; Visualizing a Forest Landscape Today and Tomorrow; Ecology Research - Something Old, Something New; Economics Research Unit Explores Biomass Utilization Opportunities on the Bitterroot National Forest; Determining Thinning and Prescribed Burning Success from Tree Growth; Vegetation Recovery across Wildland Fire Severity Gradients in Western Montana; Ants and Spotted Knapweed Team Up; Human Aspects of Fire and Fuels Management in the Northern Rockies; “It’s a Different World” - A Visit with Ranger Chuck Oliver; Big Picture Way of Doing Business - A Ranger's Perspective; Learning About Burned Forests; Of Birds, Bugs, and Weeds; Brochure Update: Lick Creek Demonstration/Research Forest Driving Tour; "People and Forests:" How They Fit Together; Book Report: A Review of Mimicking Nature’s Fire: Restoring Fire-Prone Forests in the West; BEMRP Activities in 2005.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Ritter, Sharon; Canton-Thompson, Janie; Jones, Greg; McCaughey, Ward; Calkin, Dave; Harrington, Mick; Kolb, Peter; Hollingsworth, LaWen; Jensen, Joe; Knotek, Katie; Thompson, Brooke. 2005. ECO-Report - Scale matters - some thoughts on landscape sustainability. Missoula, MT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Bitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project. 20 p.
KeywordsBitterroot Ecosystem Management Research Project, BEMRP, Forest Service Research, ecosystem management
- ECO-Report - 1999 Symposium highlights five years of learning
- ECO-News - BEMRP: A first of its kind within the Forest Service
- ECO-Report - Fire recovery in the Bitterroot: "It’s a lot of work!"
XML: View XML